That was a productive week. Got out all the "darkroom" orders; the publicity guy was very happy with the photos from the play rehearsal; the DiMage is up and running; the new Red River cards are here; sold my first inkjet with the new process; organized the negatives for the hundredth time; heard some good news about the Lennon book (it might turn out to be a big thing, we'll see); got the Google Adsense thing running (I have to be careful what I write in the journal. The other day I used the word "clog" a couple of times and ended up with ads for -- well, I can't say it here because I'll end up with the same thing); made the decision to try the MIS Inks with the Epson Premium Semi-Gloss paper...
What's left to do:
Redo the card section so it reflects the new Red River card process (the cards are smaller- 4 x 6 - and don't have that embossed business)
Wait for the inkjet paper and MIS Inks and read up on the process: i.e. Richo wrote to make sure to clean the parking pad before switching inks (that is one pad I know about).
And if all turns out well with the new ink / paper combination -- then I'll be changing a lot of the prints to say inkjet archival (all but the 16 x 20s). But that's a lot of testing. I'll need to print every print in the for Sale section first to see if I know what I'm doing.
If that goes well, it will be lots of printing for the outdoor display.
Basically, I've decided to keep the bigger prints at 16 x 20 darkroom size -- (at least for now) and to raise the prices on them so it's worth the effort.
The limited edition numbers on the prints that are changing to inkjet will just continue to run consecutively. One day -- fifty years from now -- someone will walk into to have a Beckerman print appraised and be told that this print was done around the time he switched to inkjet process and is either worth more or less than the early darkroom prints, or maybe the same.