So good morning, merry christmas eve and I can't get on the frickin' internet explorer. I click on the icon and nothing-got any ideas?
Your eternally technology frustrated sis
The problem with computers is that people know even less about how they work then they do their cars, and are just as dependent on them. I've always thought that you should get a license to use a PC. So, in honor of all the eternally technology frustrated people out there, here is a short quiz to see if you have the foggiest idea about the machine you are sitting in front of right now (oh, and this is for Windows users only, poor souls).
1. The main engine of your computer is: RAM, CPU, FLOPPY, PUMPKIN, EPS (Pick one)
2. EXPLORER.EXE is a) a document b) a program c) a misnomer d) a monopoly (Extra credit, what is the difference between a document and a program).
3. Without looking, what is your screen resolution? OK, look. Where would you look to find out such a thing? Why would you care?
4. A GIG is short for: a)Gigantic b) gigi c) gigabyte d) gigagiga e) giggles
5. What does XP stand for? a) xtra problems b) xray program c) extra progress d) eXPert e) eXPort f) no one knows
6. Why do you press the Start Button when you want to quit? Okay, nobody knows the answer to that one either.
7) What does the 'enter' key do?
8) What is a shortcut?
My screen resolution comes just before New Years: "I will not go see another movie with a
global warning theme in 2005."
(True. The Day After Tomorrow was the worst movie of this decade).